Professor, Employment in Sports Management at LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
About the job
This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a school that has an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research, for applying research, and for building strong relationships with partners in industry.
The successful candidate will lead the sports management discipline within La Trobe Business School and be a nationally and internationally recognized sports management specialist. The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of high quality educational offerings at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, promote excellence in teaching and learning, and ensure the quality of academic programs within the School. . The successful candidate will also undertake high-quality, impactful research, publish in ABDC A* and A/top 10% Q1 journals, and generate external research revenue. Developing and maintaining effective and productive relationships between the School, University and industry will also be an important requirement of this role. You will also need to work with faculty and other colleagues to develop deeper engagement with industry and academia and promote high quality research output.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in leading the development of curriculum and other sports management learning and teaching initiatives at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. A sustained and strong publication record in high-quality journals (specifically, ABDC A* and A/top 10% Q1 journals) and an ability to attract external research funding are also essential for this role. The successful candidate will possess excellent academic administration skills and the proven ability to develop and mentor junior faculty. Strong industry engagement skills will also be highly valued. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are also key requirements for this role.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research institutions and the largest provider of higher education in the Victoria region. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
About La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School is a leading Australian business school committed to improving business learning through education and research that is innovative, accountable and engaged.
- AACSB accredited, MBA ranked in the top 100 worldwide and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Ranked 4th in the world and 3rd in Australia for its overall contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2022 and ARWU 2021.
- Our graduates are highly regarded by industry – ranked second in Victoria for employer satisfaction with our graduates (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2021).
- We offer business and management programs accredited by professional quality assurance agencies including the Australian Computer Society, Australian Human Resources Institute, Australian Marketing Institute, CPA and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- We offer flexible, forward-looking courses and innovative learning spaces designed for collaboration in learning and teaching.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing Date: Before 11:55 p.m., August 7, 2022
Professor Aron O’Cass, Dean, La Trobe Business School
E-mail: [email protected], Call: 03 9479 6285
Dr Nicola McNeil, Head – Department of Management and Marketing
E-mail: [email protected], Call: 03 9479 1471
Recruitment requests: Melissa Magaton Senior Recruitment Business Partner email: [email protected]
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and providing satisfactory proof of vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; (20 pages maximum and when listing journal publications, please identify their ranking in the Australian Business Deans Council rankings or for journals not ranked by ABDC, identify if they are in the top 10% of journals IQ);
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable point in the key selection criteria found in the job description. (Limit of 400 words per answer).
- Please do not submit copies of journal articles, degrees or testimonials.
How to register
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you pass, you will need to hold a valid Victorian employee check working with children before starting..